Teaching my children about the Bible is a key focus for me as a mom. And although teaching my kids about the Bible goes beyond simply memorizing Bible verses, I believe that memorizing scripture is an important part of Biblical education. There are lots of ways you could help your children memorize scripture, but as I’ve mentioned before that I absolutely love Charlotte Mason’s Scripture Memory System.
I’ve created this set of 18 printable memory verse cards from Matthew to be used as part of the scripture memory system (perfectly sized for an index box!). Of course, you could also use these printable memory verse cards in other ways to teach your children memory verses as well (and I’d love to see how you use them!).
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I may receive compensation if you purchase something through a link in this post. Please know I only link products and services that I would use myself! For more information, please see my full disclosure.
Scriptures in the set
The 18 scriptures from the book of Matthew are included in this set. The scriptures below are in the New King James Version (NKJV), but the printable is also available in the English Standard Version (ESV).
- Matthew 1:21: “21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”
- Matthew 4:4: “4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”
- Matthew 5:13: “13 You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.”
- Matthew 5:16: “16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
- Matthew 6:19-20: “19 Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.”
- Matthew 6:33: “33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”
- Matthew 7:12: “12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.”
- Matthew 7:13-14: 13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”
- Matthew 7:24-25: “24 Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.”
- Matthew 9:12-13: “12 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance”
- Matthew 9:37-38: “37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
- Matthew 11:28: “28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
- Matthew 16:16: “16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
- Matthew 16:24: “24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.”
- Matthew 17:5: “5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”
- Matthew 20:28: “28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
- Matthew 28:5-6: “5 But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. 6 He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.”
- Matthew 28:19-20: “19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.”
How to download your free printable memory verse cards from Matthew
To have your free printable memory verse cards from Matthew sent right to your inbox, join our email list by clicking the “Download Free Memory Verse Cards ” button below. After you confirm your email address, a link will be sent directly to your inbox to download your free Bible Reading Plan for kids. I highly recommend printing on cardstock or other heavy weight paper. The cards could also be laminated for additional durability!